From: Sloan, Heather
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2019 11:22 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Southern white gospel music archives?

Hello:

Can anyone tell me if there are any large archives of white Southern gospel
music? By this I mean evangelical music made by small groups-ca. two to
eight members-on record labels like WORD, Canaan, and Faith. I am
specifically looking for archives containing albums made from the 1960s and
70s-the type of music whose album cover art occasionally ends up on "bad
album art" collections online?

Also, is there a more globally recognized name for this style of music, or
terms I should know (controlled vocabularies) that would be more helpful in
communicating my research needs?

Thanks in advance,

Heather

Heather Sloan