Tape is on the rise. The fact that anyone is actually making new decks is
testament to that fact. At these prices they do think they will sell many.
There’s even a more ludicrous one than Ballfiddler. Priced at about 30k
euros and only 15ips. Looks is of course subjective but personally I think
it’s one of the ugliest I’ve ever seen. Look for mextxas and sins on
google.

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 at 7:21 Tim Gillett <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Yes in keeping with the long distinguished belt drive tradition. Except
> that
> this is a tape machine, not a turntable, so the mechanical isolation which
> might help in a turntable situation doesnt apply.
> Interesting to hear the 2017 Revox  machine never came to fruition and
> that
> Thorens only plan to make 100 of these. Doesnt sound like great confidence
> in the claimed "rising like a phoenix from the ashes" of 1/4" magnetic
> tape
> and  machines.
>
> Tim

בברכה,
שי דרורי. 0544-470-420
מומחה לשימור ודיגיטציה של נגטיבים אודיו וידאו ופילם 8-35ממ
Cheers
Shai Drori
Expert digitization services for Audio Video
3K scanning for film 8mm-35mm
Timeless Recordings Music Label
www.audiovideofilm.com
Tripadvisor level 6 contributor, level 15 restaurant expert