Hello:

Can anyone tell me if there are any large archives of white Southern gospel music? By this I mean evangelical music made by small groups-ca. two to eight members-on record labels like WORD, Canaan, and Faith. I am specifically looking for archives containing albums made from the 1960s and 70s-the type of music whose album cover art occasionally ends up on "bad album art" collections online?

Also, is there a more globally recognized name for this style of music, or terms I should know (controlled vocabularies) that would be more helpful in communicating my research needs?

Thanks in advance,

Heather

Heather Sloan
Media and Map Services Assistant