No. WERM listed plenty of minor performers. Clough and Cuming certainly
weren't infallible but they tried hard nonetheless. The question of the
spelling of the first name ought not to perplex anyone familiar with the
recording process at the time, when the artist's name might be self-suplied
but also might come from the manager or the A&R person at the session.
Mistakes were common and often not corrected. Whether the Schubert songs
 seemed likelier to do better in the German market than the domestic could
also have influenced the choice.

DDR

--
1006 Langer Way