Hello- Any Eddie Bush enthusiasts might want to know this- I have forwarded my original message to the DAHR – Mickey

From: Mickey Clark
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2019 11:37 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: https://adp.library.ucsb.edu/index.php/talent/detail/99346/Bush_Eddie_leader

Hello – BS-MX 81629 has a typo – it says 2/8/34 – it should say 3/8/34.

I have looked up in Rust Dance Bands and confirmed.

I was puzzled why the lower matrix on Victor 24602 had a later recording date than the higher matrix.

In researching Buddy Clark (baritone) – who had done a test with Arnheim in 1932, I was looking at he proportion of tenors to baritones that Gus Arnheim hired.

It seems that Buddy’s strategy of doing the test as a tenor was his downfall – as far as Arnheim was concerned.

Jus an historical observation-Mickey Clark

Mickey Clark
710 Westminster Avenue West
Penticton BC
Canada