**Please excuse cross-posting**

Hello!

You are invited to participate in an online survey examining the comfort level of catalogers contacting authors in relation to authority control in cataloging. If you have any experience creating and/or verifying personal name authority records in either the name authority file (NAF) or local authority file, we would like to hear from you.

The survey should take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete.

Please understand that your participation in this survey is voluntary and anonymous. This study has been reviewed by Mississippi State University’s Institutional Review Board (IRB) and approved for ethical research on human subjects (IRB-18-472). For a copy of the form, please contact one of the investigators.

**Disclaimer**

The Library of Congress and the Program for Cooperative Cataloging bear no responsibility for the content of this survey and will play no role in the analysis of the survey responses. Please contact the survey’s creators for answers to any questions regarding this survey.

To take this survey, follow this link: https://forms.gle/eC4q6mQLQNEPZtcn9

The survey will be open for submissions until May 12, 2019.

We really appreciate your time and effort in taking our survey. If you have any questions about this research project, please feel free to contact investigators:

Irina Stanishevskaya, MLIS

Email: [log in to unmask]

Ilda Cardenas, MLIS

Irina Stanishevskaya, MLIS

Cataloging Librarian, Mervyn H. Sterne Library

The University of Alabama at Birmingham Libraries

Phone: 205-934-3512   E-mail: [log in to unmask]