From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Christine DeZelar-Tiedman
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 9:22 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Modified vendor records

"Metadata" is often used in place of "Cataloger" in current job ads. If you read the full job description, a lot of the requirements and duties are the same as what would be expected for a traditional cataloger. So by limiting to "cataloger" you are probably missing relevant jobs.

We use Metadata for our cataloging jobs as a broader term that encompasses traditional cataloging. I think this is quite common.

But there is also the expectation that the person would be involved in batchloading and batch editing of records, or working in additional metadata formats, working with linked data, etc.. Many of the skills should cross over, and someone with cataloging expertise should be able to learn the new skills.
For example, we have a Cartographic Metadata Librarian job open: https://hr.myu.umn.edu/psc/hrprd/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_SCHJOB_FL&ACTION=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__hr.myu.umn.edu_psc_hrprd_EMPLOYEE_HRMS_c_HRS-5FHRAM-5FFL.HRS-5FCG-5FSEARCH-5FFL.GBL-3FPage-3DHRS-5FAPP-5FSCHJOB-5FFL-26ACTION-3DU-26FOCUS-3DApplicant-26SiteId-3D1-26&d=DwMFaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=mC4j06dZXbHsQXNjgNJGhibeVqMVPX33M6fqWgrEggw&m=xnvxLcACxp8y6hF8rqD76OTzdQWbws8mNdiC2XS8T7s&s=wVu859pwwUAD2asVLj9TYJ9p4B-wlO1gCtsiNc63AO0&e=>.

If the link doesn't work, go to employment.umn.edu<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__employment.umn.edu&d=DwMFaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=mC4j06dZXbHsQXNjgNJGhibeVqMVPX33M6fqWgrEggw&m=xnvxLcACxp8y6hF8rqD76OTzdQWbws8mNdiC2XS8T7s&s=mZ5BsmbivvIQnxCZmyKVkdAOojdNNNNe7e0KfolPylM&e=> and search for job 329837

Christine DeZelar-Tiedman
Metadata and Emerging Technologies Librarian
University of Minnesota Libraries
160 Wilson Library
309 19th Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55455