That’s typical, but how much of that attrition (in general) and the reduced number of catalogers (in general) has been due to budgetary constraints (themselves due to political decisions in funding bodies) and/or acceptance of vendor-provided catalog records that go unreviewed?

John G. Marr

Collections

Zimmerman Library

University of New Mexico

Albuquerque, NM 87010

         **"I really like to know the reasons for what I do!"**

                                             Martha Watson

Opinions belong exclusively to the individuals expressing them, but sharing is permitted.