From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Adam L Schiff
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 6:22 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCCLIST] valid form of date??

Collective PCC wisdom,

We need to submit a classification number proposal for a person who is established as:

100 1# ʻAntarī, Muḥammad ibn al-Mujallī, $d -after 1186 or 1187

I don’t think that I have ever seen a date of birth or death with the word “after” (or “before”), and looking at RDA 9.3.1, I do not see that as an option.

Should this access point be left as it is, or should it be changed to omit any date at all since there isn’t a conflict, or changed to a period of activity (active 12th century)?

Adam Schiff

Adam L. Schiff
Principal Cataloger
University of Washington Libraries