From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Kevin M Randall <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 8:59 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Question on distinguishing two works with same name

Would it be better to establish the titles as part titles? That is, the forms being proposed here as variants could instead be the AAPs?

100 0#  Avicenna, ǂd 980-1037. ǂt Shifāʼ. ǂn 1, ǂp Manṭiq
100 0#  Avicenna, ǂd 980-1037. ǂt Dānishnāmah-ʼi ʻAlāʼī. ǂn 1, ǂp Manṭiq

Kevin M. Randall
Principal Serials Cataloger
Northwestern University Libraries
Northwestern University