Thank you for mentioning this, Mark.  That’s exactly what we have done with our discovery layer here at Cornell: FAST in the facets area on the left hand, LCSH in the record view.  We’re very happy with our implementation of FAST.

        I don’t know how many complications in our implementation people want to hear about.  One thing I always like to emphasize is, we have not taken away the traditional browse index on the LCSH string.  Users who want to do that still can; users who want to slice ‘n dice using facets now have that tool.

--Sarah Ross

Principal Cataloger

110C Olin Library

Cornell University