The ALCTS CaMMS Faceted Subject Access Interest Group is seeking a co-chair for 2019-2021. If you are interested in the concept of faceted searching, including faceted vocabularies such as FAST and the new LC faceted vocabularies, consider joining us!

The group’s charge is:

--To discuss the theory and applications related to subject terminology intended for faceted application, including FAST (faceted application of subject terminology), AAT (art and architecture thesaurus), LCGFT (Library of Congress genre/from terms), and others.

--To provide a forum for users and others interested in the faceted approach to subject access, to compare notes and discuss further developments and implementation of subject faceting for digital projects and related topics.

Your term will start after ALA Annual Conference 2019 and you will be working with an experienced current co-chair to plan and organize programs for the ALA Midwinter and Annual Conferences for 2019-2020, and then working with a new co-chair the following year.

For more information about FSAIG, visit our page on the ALCTS website (http://www.ala.org/alcts/mgrps/camms/grps/ats-ccsigfsa)  or our ALA Connect space (https://connect.ala.org/alcts/communities/community-home?CommunityKey=9488abee-3f69-4ba1-8956-871a2f087c6b)

If you are interested, please send us an email at the email addresses below. We look forward to hearing from you!

FSAIG Co-Chair, 2017-2019

Lynn E. Gates

FSAIG Co-Chair, 2018-2020

Lucas Mak

Lucas (Wing Kau) Mak

Metadata and Catalog Librarian

Michigan State University Libraries

366 W. Circle Dr., East Lansing, MI 48824

(517) 884-0822