Example: Portrait of a dog / by Mazo De La Roche, which is about her pet dog.

Just to make sure I'm not overlooking something, there's no way to put "Pets" or "Animals" under a person's name for a book about their pet(s), right? I haven't seen anything in the LSCH or in the Subject Headings Manual in the list of free-floating subdivisions under "Names of Persons".  If you wanted to bring out the fact that the dog belonged to her, would you simply put Mazo De La Roche as a subject?

Jay Shorten
Cataloger, Monographs and Electronic Resources
Associate Professor of Bibliography
Description & Access Department
University Libraries
University of Oklahoma
Co-ordinator, Oklahoma (Tornado) NACO Funnel
Co-owner, PERSNAME-L, the list about personal names in bibliographic and authority records