Very smart and strategic to be doing the "train your successor" or cross-training or anything similar to that. And I'm sure it boosts morale also, a good side benefit.

Paige

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Fultz, Tamara <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2019 12:32 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] [External] - Re: [PCCLIST] Modified vendor records

While it may be a pain (time and money consuming) to upgrade one�s skills� keep in mind that the younger generation naively thinking that they are on the cutting edge now will in a few years (10, 5� even 3 years!) be using obsolete technology and standards themselves and will have to be upgrading their skills.

It is a pernicious cycle and no one is exempt! (insert smiley face here).

More on a serious note: our technical services department has taken on the idea of �train your successor� so that staff are continually growing in skill sets and that there is always someone trained to step in. It keeps us all engaged and continually working on our skills. It also encourages smooth transitions when staff depart.

Best,

Tamara Fultz

--

Tamara Fultz