- In Bibliographic field 041 (Language Code), new subfields $p (Language Code of Captions), $q (Language Code of Accessible Audio), and $r (Language Code of Accessible Visual Language (Non-Textual)) have been defined, plus the existing subfield $j (Language
Code of Subtitles) has been renamed and its description has been revised.
- Authority field 055 (Library and Archives Canada Call Number) has had its description revised and new subfield $2 (Number Source) has been defined.
- New Bibliographic field 251 (Version Information) has been defined.
- New Bibliographic field 341 (Accessibility Content) has been defined.
- New Bibliographic field 532 (Accessibility Note) has been defined.
Although MARC 21 Authority Format changes From Update No. 27 are documented in Technical Bulletin 269, the Authority record changes will be implemented not at this time but instead at a future date in coordination with the Library of Congress and the
Name Authority Cooperative (NACO) of the Program for Cooperative Cataloging (PCC). LC, NACO, and OCLC will make announcements at that future date.
Changes to Control Subfield $6 announced in the Bibliographic, Authority, and Holdings format Update No. 27 will not be implemented at this time. Control Subfield $6 has not been implemented in the OCLC-MARC Authority or OCLC-MARC Holdings format. OCLC-MARC
Bibliographic Control Subfield $6 already accommodates the four-alphabetic-character values documented in ISO 15924; the standard’s three- digit numerical values are not currently accommodated. Where subfield $6 has been implemented in OCLC-MARC, the subfield
is always system-supplied, is never created manually, and does not appear in online displays. As such, accommodation of the ISO 15924 three-digit numerical values within WorldCat remains under consideration.
OCLC plans to install the OCLC-MARC Bibliographic, Authority, and Holdings Format Update 2019 soon and will make announcements widely through the usual discussion lists and Connexion logon greetings at that time.
Please forgive any duplication of this message.
|OCLC · Senior Consulting Database Specialist, WorldCat Metadata Quality, Global Product Management
|6565 Kilgour Place, Dublin, Ohio USA 43017
|T +1-614-764-6156 · T +1-800-848-5878 x6156 · F +1-614-718-7195