As far as I know, when you enhance the master record you keep all relevant
notes and fields that are already there. Yes, many are local notes for LC,
etc. but they stay in the master record you enhance. You can delete them
when you produce a records for your local library.
Wojciech

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 8:04 PM Richard Murray <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I’ve recently run into a flurry of DLC records in WorldCat with 500 notes
> reading “Minimal Level Cataloging Plus $5 DLC.” They’ve probably been
> around for ages, but somehow I’ve just started seeing them en masse.
>

> Are we supposed to take this note out if we enhance the record to full?
> I’ve seen records in which ibraries have taken the note out and others in
> which they’ve left it in. I tried searching LC’s website for explanations
> of what to do, or indeed of what “Minimal Level Cataloging Plus” even
> means, but couldn’t find anything.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Rich
>

> Rich Murray
>
> Principal Cataloger
>
> Catalog Librarian for Spanish and Portuguese Languages | Rare Books |
> Sequential Art
>
> Duke University Libraries
>
> Durham, North Carolina, USA

Wojciech Siemaszkiewicz

BookOps

The New York Public Library &

Brooklyn Public Library
31-11 Thomson Avenue, Long Island City, NY 11101

917.229.9603

bookops.org

e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Please note, any opinions expressed above do not necessarily reflect those
of The New York Public Library.