But that instruction is followed by an exception for non-distinctive
titles, and "Manṭiq" ("Logic") seems to be non-distinctive since it's the
title of sections of two different works by the same author.

Robert Rendall
Principal Serials Cataloger
Original and Special Materials Cataloging, Columbia University Libraries
102 Butler Library, 535 West 114th Street, New York, NY 10027
tel.: 212 851 2449  fax: 212 854 5167