It almost sounds like what is happening in the professor/publication field
where peer reviewed articles have to be paid for by the writer, when in
fact the publication should be paying the writer.

I once wrote a research article for a professional publication but didn't
pay anything; didn't get anything for it, and yet they wanted $3900 if I
was to reuse it or revise it for some other use.

I've never written another academic paper for any such professional journal
or magazine, although I've been Instructor of Research for PhD
candidates...and could help.

Paul T. Jackson
Trescott Research
Steilacoom, WA 98338