Gary, every policy that AES puts in place gets reviewed - if they lose
income as a result of this I suspect they will reevaluate and change the
position. I am sorry about your friend, but based on what I've seen so far
he is in the minority.

Best,

Gary Gottlieb
Eastern Region Vice President, Co-Chair, AES Historical Committee and
Conference Policy Committee, Audio Engineering Society
Executive Director,St. Louis Audio Project
http://stlaudio.org/
Author, Shaping Sound in the Studio and Beyond, Recording on the Go & How
Does It Sound Now? (Winner of the 2010 ARSC Award for Excellence in
Historical Recorded Sound Research)
http://stlaudio.org/gottlieb/