Print

Print


Hi, All,

I am working on a multi-tape project done in 1/4-track and I had cobbled 
together a quarter track assembly for an A80. I was adjusting the 
azimuth when sproing--the screw stripped out. I had another A80 head 
block I got when i purchased my load that had the same issue. The hole 
can be drilled out and threaded and have a screw insert put in, so it's 
repairable, but I don't have time or the parts to do it right now. So I 
looked for another solution and thought I'd mention this issue.

When I put together another Sony APR-5000 quarter track head block, to 
continue this project, I noticed the azimuth screw was very stiff, so I 
pulled it out and lubricated it with a few drops of Kluber Constant GLY 
2100 lithium soap -- what Studer used in their late model capstan motors 
and my go-to lubricant for mechanical linkages.

Works like an absolute charm now!

Cheers,

Richard

-- 
Richard L. Hess                   email: [log in to unmask]
Aurora, Ontario, Canada                             647 479 2800
http://www.richardhess.com/tape/contact.htm
Quality tape transfers -- even from hard-to-play tapes.