Hi, Steve,

Accuracy is such a loaded word <smile>.

There is software that will do traditional audio tests like we used to
do with hardware test gear...but if, as you state, A/D/A is what you
want, you'll need another interface that will end up factored into the
equation, or you can test it D/A/D with the software, using analog
loopback. At least that will give you the results of the combined errors
in both directions of the converter under test while not introducing
limitations of the testing converter.

For quick audio measurements, I've used several pieces of software, but
I don't do it that much these days. I think I prefer audiotester to arta.

http://www.audiotester.de/
http://www.artalabs.hr/

There are some other applications that might be of interest to you.

https://www.sonicvisualiser.org/

https://www.jyu.fi/hytk/fi/laitokset/mutku/en/research/materials/mirtoolbox

https://www.kfs.oeaw.ac.at/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=46:stools-stx-intelligent-sound-processing&catid=179&Itemid=854&showall=1&limitstart=&lang=en

I have not explored any of these three in depth. My new friend from AES
Culpeper last June, Dr. Federica Bressan, used the Finnish MIR system to
analyze audio features for degradation. I believe that this might
involve MATLAB use, but at least some things that "need" MATLAB also run
under the Open Source OXYGEN package.

Nadja Wallaszkovits, current president of AES, works at the Austrian
institute that sponsors STX and she thinks it's better than MIR. By the
way, it was Nadja who introduced me to audiotester and some other
applications.

I don't know where I ran across Sonic Visualizer, but I think it's a
tool looking to solve the same problems as STX and MIR.

At least Federica thinks that by using the audio features comparisons in
MIR she was able to determine that various processes in tape restoration
did not seem to affect the audio. I have not had time to delve into
this, but these three applications may do more for determining
"accuracy" than you might find in THD and IMD testing and measuring
noise floor. For example, linearity and step accuracy of the converters
comes to mind.

An orthogonal analysis can be done on sensitivity to clock perturbations
and jitter which would also affect accuracy.

In other words, I don't think there is a simple answer.

Cheers,

Richard