On 5/29/19 8:40 PM, Richard L. Hess wrote:

> Hi, Michael,
>
> I bought a litre of that about 2002 when I had both Stucer A807s and
> A810s. I also bought the PDP65. I think I have most of each litre
> left. I thought they sold tiny sample jars, too.

There is often someone on eBay selling GLY2100 in small bottles, but
today the only listing I see is from someone in Australia, and the
shipping is quite expensive.

> Anyway, at the hardware store, my current favourite is Tri-Flo. I used
> to like LPS-1, but I think Tri-Flo is better for this. TBH, I haven't
> tried Tri-Flo in this application but I use it all the time for hinges
> and stuff around the house. My garage door company suggested Jig-A-Loo
> (may be Canadian) for the bearings and tracks, but I haven't used it
> for as many things as Tri-Flo. Back around 1990 when I was on the
> Compuserve Photography Forum, several people recommended Tri-Flo for
> tripods and it worked great there.

I have found that Tri-Flo dries out after a few months.  I like
something that stays liquid as it ages, like Krytox GPL105, which is a
very slippery low viscosity synthetic oil.  (Works well on scrape
flutter idler bearings, among other things.)  Zoro.com has a 1 ounce
bottle for $25.91.  If you want a similar grease, try Krytox GPL205.

-- John Chester