Greetings,

Where can I get a count of the wax cylinders in various archives?

I mean LOC is claimed by Press Releases to have the largest collection in
the USA. But I can't find a count.
ATM@UI claims just under 7000. But I don't see an exact number anywhere
(but maybe I'm not looking in the right place?)

University of California Berkeley’s Phoebe A. Hearst Museum of Anthropology
was part of the IRENE project but I don't see a full count. Someone says
148 but I suspect this might be scoped to a single Indigenous language.

In contrast to these numbers in the hundreds and low thousands, Tjeerd de
Graaf in various publication cites number in the tens of thousands for
the  Berliner
Phonogramm-Archiv and an archive in St. Petersburg Russia, and for Vienna.

Any pointers?
- Hugh Paterson III