Appreciate all the responses!
anselm

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tim Gillett
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2019 9:04 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [BEWARE-SUSPECTED SPAM]Re: [ARSCLIST] pinch rollers for Studer B67?

Hi Anselm,

The green material in those pinch rollers is (I think) polurethane and it
eventually goes the way that yours have. There's no alternative but to
replace or have someone like Terry's rebuild using your roller's metal hubs
and bearings.

One of the problems  with replacement pinch rollers these days is
manufacturers getting the hardness of the roller's original rubber right.
Ideally the  hardness should be as per the manufacturers' original
specification for that machine/model, but after all this time it may not be
so easy to determine that figure, as original samples will have long ago
perished in one way or another.

After fitting the new/remanufactured pinch roller to the machine, and
cleaning and lubing the bearing as needed, it's advised to readjust pinch
roller pressure according to the relevent service manual.

Tim.