 On Sun, May 26, 2019 at 11:42 PM Richard L. Hess <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> I noticed the azimuth screw was very stiff, so I
> pulled it out and lubricated it with a few drops of Kluber Constant GLY
> 2100 lithium soap -- what Studer used in their late model capstan motors
> and my go-to lubricant for mechanical linkages.

For those of us who do not have lots of gear and are not constantly
lubricating adjustment screws or mechanical linkages, can you suggest a
reasonable alternative to Constant GLY 2100? The Kl├╝ber website seems to
indicate that it's only sold in 25 liter pails, which at our level of usage
would last a couple dozen lifetimes (approximately)...

We have a machine with a stiff azimuth adjustment, so I'm curious.

*Michael Andrec, Ph.D. -- Certified Archivist*

Ukrainian History and Education Center
135 Davidson Avenue
Somerset, NJ 08873

732-356-0132