This interesting tidbit from Naks.com <http://naks.com/>:

“The DRAGON’s unique double direct drive system employs two Nakamichi quartz PLL servo Super Linear Torque DD motors one for each capstan so that wow & flutter are essentially eliminated while maintaining perfect transport stability in both forward and reverse directions."

— No belts!

<L>
Lou Judson
Intuitive Audio