From: Discussion List for issues related to cataloging & metadata education & training <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of SALABA, ATHENA <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2019 3:33:39 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [eduCAT] Do you teaching OCLC searching?

Hello Danny and fellow educators,

At Kent State we do not use Connexion for the core Information Organization course, although students are informed that this is one of the sources for authority records (links to it and to tutorials are provided if they want to explore it on their own).

In the cataloging courses (electives), I use it for finding bibliographic records, authority records, and students have an option to use it to create their bibliographic or authority records. I also have MS Word templates they can use to create bibliographic records. I provide links to Connexion tutorials, my own recorded tutorials, and I demonstrate searching and using authority records in the context of original cataloging during overview sessions.

Best regards,

Athena
Athena Salaba, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
School of Information, Kent State University
330-672-0023  | 330-672-2782 (iSchool)
www.kent.edu/ischool<http://www.kent.edu/ischool>
athenasalaba.org