NLS Operations Alert

No. 19-32

DATE         :   May 23, 2019

TO             :   Network Libraries

FROM        :   Kristen Fernekes, Head, Communications and Outreach Section

SUBJECT   :   Invitation – Veterans History Project Workshop

Network librarians and staff who will be in Washington, D.C., for the annual American Library Association Conference and Exhibition are invited to attend a special workshop that NLS has organized with the Library of Congress’s Veterans History Project (VHP) on Monday, June 24, from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. The workshop will take place in room LJG-51 in the Jefferson Building, Library of Congress, 10 First Street SE, Washington, DC 20540.

Through this collaboration, we are pleased to share information with network participants about VHP and their efforts to collect, preserve, and make accessible the personal accounts of American war veterans. Attendees will learn about how to collect veterans’ stories, which could provide unique programming opportunities for libraries interested in extending their veterans outreach and looking for ways to enhance in-person engagement in their communities.

We look forward to spending the morning with you, learning about VHP and its work, and sharing some light refreshments.

Please RSVP to Kristen Fernekes at [log in to unmask] by June 1.

For more information, please contact: