NLS Operations Alert

No. 19-35

DATE         :   May 31, 2019

TO             :   Network libraries

FROM        :   Kristen Fernekes, Head, Communications and Outreach

SUBJECT   :   Reminder: Invitation – Veterans History Project Workshop

A reminder for those of you attending the annual American Library Association Conference and Exhibition in Washington, D.C.: Network librarians and staff are invited to attend a special workshop that NLS has organized with the Veterans History Project (VHP) on Monday, June 24, from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.

The workshop will take place in room LJ-G51 in the Jefferson Building, Library of Congress, 10 First Street SE, Washington, DC 20540.

Through this collaboration, we are pleased to share information with network participants about VHP and their efforts to collect, preserve, and make accessible the personal accounts of American war veterans. Attendees will learn about how to collect veterans’ stories, which could provide unique programming opportunities for libraries interested in extending their veterans outreach and enhancing in-person engagement in their communities.

We look forward to spending the morning with you, learning about VHP and its work, and sharing some light refreshments.

Please RSVP to Kristen Fernekes at [log in to unmask] by June 1.

For more information, please contact:

Kristen Fernekes

Head, Communications and Outreach Section