Hi All,

During my tenure as a record engineer, I usually ran two machines during
mixing, creating two 1/4" masters. Sometimes, the label paying the bill
would squawk about the extra cost of the tape or the potential cost of
storage, but usually not. Most distressing was the fact that there was
no geographic separation. Both sets of masters were usually stored next
to each other. Columbia/Epic would always make 5 copies and send each
copy to a pressing plant but, I'm not sure what happened after that.

Cheers!

Corey

Corey Bailey Audio Engineering
www.baileyzone.net