Thank you, Stewart, for this investigative journalism! What a loss for humanity, now and into the future!

I am curious, though, about what was known before this week about the fire and the losses. I can do some research on my own, but is there an easier way to access the news of the time in 2008?
Such as this:
<http://www.thestudiotour.com/wp/studios/universal-studios-hollywood/backlot/fires-and-storms/2008-fire/>
news footage and studio info from the Universal PR team. No mention of archives. But the tours willresume Monday! :-/

<https://www.foxnews.com/story/fire-at-universal-studios-destroys-famous-sets-videos>
"We have duplicates of everything," said Ron Meyer, NBC Universal president and chief operating officer. “Nothing is lost forever."

Hah. and this from two days after:
<https://abc7.com/archive/6180786/>
"Roughly 40,000 to 50,000 videos and reels were in the video vault, but there are duplicates stored in a different location, said Ron Meyer, NBC Universal president and chief operating officer. Firefighters managed to recover hundreds of those titles from the vault.”

Sounds like coverup to me. Where is Ron Meyers now?

<https://www.scpr.org/news/2010/05/27/15529/universal-studios-unveils-rebuilt-backlot-after-20/>

This history of Universal fires mentions film and video, not audio:
<http://allanellenberger.com/historic-fires-at-universal-studios/>

Okay, enough wallowing, I’m burned out (and burned up!) on this for now.
<L>
Lou Judson
Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689