From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Paul T. Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, June 2, 2019 11:51:47 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] [EXTERNAL] [ARSCLIST] Need a Victor album number

There was an LP available of Missa Solemnus conducted by Robert Shaw. I
don't have it any longer, but I did play timpani for that work under Robert
Shaw one year at the Alaskan Music Festival in 1960 or 1961...with the
Anchorage Symphony Orchestra...expanded by key players from San Francisco
orchestra and the Minneapolis Symphony and Interlochen Wind Quintet.

The CD recording review is here:
https://www.gramophone.co.uk/review/beethoven-missa-solemnis-mozart-mass-in-c-minor

As I recall the LP version was conducted quite fast; now how we did it in
Alaska. It seems it may have been a Columbia recording but can't remember.

Paul T. Jackson
Trescott Research
Steilacoom, WA 98338
trescottresearch.com