Yes, a very important observation. Thank you. But may I challenge one aspect?

It is not 'we.' It is those who control the money and the priorities who are to blame. In this matter, as in so much of the pathology that infects our world, it is clear who is responsible, yet letting our critiques dissolve into vague existential clouds of generalized cultural malaise only serves to let them off the hook. It is systemic, but also personal. We know who they are. Politesse undermines justice.

I'm happy that ARSC will formulate a statement about the UMG tragedy. I hope it doesn't pull its punches. And I hope that it places this matter in the context of the long history of neglect the industry has perpetrated.

Carl