Are you an AMIA member, audiovisual/media archivist, or archives (student/aspiring) professional  whose primary work is with audiovisual material, in the New York Tri-State area? If so,  the National Film Preservation Board’s Diversity Task Force invites you to an Open Forum discussion for members of our community on the topic of diversity,  equity and inclusion in the moving image archival field.  The Task Force is researching and drafting an ambitious national report on this subject, and seeks to have dialogue and get the input from people in all stages and areas of the field.

The open forum discussion will take place this coming Monday, June 10th from 4:30-6pm at the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA) in New York City.

It will be the first of  a series of regional and online conversations, and will be facilitated by Jacqueline Stewart (NPFB Diversity Task Force Chair) with assistance from Teague Schneiter (NFPB contractor). It will be a chance for the project to hear from professionals in the field  in about your experiences in the realm of education and training, job search, professional environment, advancement, networking or community opportunities.  We  will also collectively imagine/brainstorm strategies to address any obstacles for inclusion of a diverse moving image archive workforce. We invite you to attend to make your voice on this topic heard!

Please let us know if you can  join us for this lively and impactful conversation. RSVP here<http://amia.news/NFPBTF> (http://amia.news/NFPBTF) and additional event information will be sent to your email  address.

All the best,
Jacqueline Stewart Professor, Department of Cinema and Media Studies, University of Chicago
NFPB Diversity Task Force Chair

Teague Schneiter
AMIA Board Member
NFPB Diversity Task Force contractor

*Big thank you to MOMA and NFPB Diversity Task Force members Rajendra Roy (MOMA), Antonia Lant (NYU), Richard Wesley (WGA), and Dennis Doros (Milestone Films, AMIA President) for their support!