NLS Operations Alert

No. 19-43

DATE         :    June 27, 2019

TO              :    Network Libraries

FROM        :    Richard Smith, Chief, Network Division

SUBJECT   :    MOC increase quotas tool

At the request of network libraries, NLS has updated the Magazine on Cartridge (MOC) system to allow network staff with Administrator, Reviewer, or Approver privileges to increase the quota of lost cartridges for individual patrons. Network staff should verify patron addresses and confirm with patrons that they want magazine delivery to resume before increasing lost quotas.

Additionally, library staff have the ability to remove temporary suspensions on MOC delivery placed automatically on accounts when cartridges that have not be returned in 18-months are marked as lost by the MOC system. Please verify with patrons that we have their correct addresses and that they want to resume magazine delivery before removing temporary suspensions.

To find instructions for removing temporary suspensions and increasing the lost quota:

  1. Log onto BARD.
  2. Go to the BARD Administration Home Page.
  3. Select the BARD Training Pages link.
  4. Select How do I’s for MOC support under the heading Magazine on Cartridge (MOC) Administration.

Questions regarding these MOC procedures can be answered by the NLS Network Consultants: Pamela Davenport, [log in to unmask], for the Western and Midlands Regions and MaryBeth Wise, [log in to unmask], for the Southern and Northern Regions.

Richard Smith

Chief, Network Division