NLS Operations Alert No. 19-41

DATE                     :               June 26, 2019
TO                          :               Network Libraries
FROM                   :               Stephen Prine, Assistant Chief, Network Division
SUBJECT               :               Schedule NLS visits in FY 2020

NLS is now planning travel for the next fiscal year, from October 1, 2019 to September 30, 2020. We rely on your input in our planning process. If you would like an NLS staff member to visit your library for a specific purpose, please submit your request on the enclosed form, noting the month and/or specific dates, and return it by July 17, 2019.

If, at all possible, please avoid requesting visits for October as it is a difficult month for NLS staff to travel because of the fiscal-year budget transition.

Network Services consultants' visit all regional libraries every two years as funds permit. Consultant visits can be scheduled in conjunction with local consumer, volunteer, or professional events, but we need to know these dates well in advance. Funds do not permit us to make consultant visits to subregional libraries or outreach and advisory centers.

NLS representatives are also available for workshops and special events. These include audiobook production training, consumer advisory committee meetings, volunteer recognition ceremonies, machine-repair and duplication workshops, narrator training workshops, outreach activities for BARD and BARD training, regional/subregional library meetings, and open houses, dedications, and anniversaries. We will also consider other events. Please provide as much information as possible about the type of visit desired. Requests received after Friday, July 12, 2019, will be considered only as schedules and funds permit.

Please indicate your preferences on the attached form and email it to [log in to unmask] or fax it to (202) 707-0712, attn. Stephen Prine.

For more information, please contact: