So far, with the book in front of me, here’s what I have done in NAF.

1) Schubert, Otto  (no2011053832)—updated

2) Schubert, Otto, ǂd 1892-1970 (no2019081493)--created

BTW, the name/title record (no2019080876) is still locked.

Plus 2 observations:

1) The artist seems to have had many exhibitions in Germany during his lifetime. There are quite a few bib records pertaining to his works in OCLC. Whether to use a “preemptively unique” name/title access point would be up to catalogers to decide, especially if they have other compilations by his artist in the house and decide to differentiate at this point. Otherwise, “Schubert, Otto, $d 1892-1970. $t Works. $k Selections”  is sufficient for now.  A reminder: some libraries follow LC’s current practice and use this type of conventional titles indiscriminately, sort of like “one size fits all.” Well, let’s wait and see what LC/PCC policy statement will be on this, when the new RDA is rolled out.

2) The current subject heading “Postcards $z Germany $y 20th century” in the OCLC bib (#1077355829) is missing a subject subdivision $x History. It was already there before the last update by MZA. It should be:

650 #0  Postcards $z Germany $x History $y 20th century. I do not mean to nit-pick, but only wish to point out a trendy phenomenon, a mixture of controlled vocabulary syntaxes, such as aat vs lcsh.

Direct chronological subdivision “$y [...] century”  has a limited, but clearly defined scope of usage. I don’t think “Postcards” falls into any of such categories:

Best regards,

Yang