From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kevin M Randall
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 10:55 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Commemorative anthology as "Selections" of a periodical?

I would really like to be able to say that the preferred title be chosen per 6.2.2.4, and that the word "antología" be recorded as part of the title proper and not other title information; thus the title proper and preferred title would be El universal ilustrado antología.

However, this is not a simple single work, but something that is both a collection of separate works and selections from a single work. I see some tension between 6.2.2.9 on the one hand and 6.2.2.10-6.2.2.11 on the other hand. If we are considering this anthology as selections from a single work (the periodical), then 6.2.2.9 applies. But if we're considering it as a compilation of works by different agents, then 6.2.2.11 applies. I suppose the former would probably be the more "correct" approach.

So, it looks like maybe the AAP should be something like Universal ilustrado. Selections (Antología) or Universal ilustrado. Selections (2017).

Ugh.

Kevin M. Randall
Principal Serials Cataloger
Northwestern University Libraries
Northwestern University
www.library.northwestern.edu<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.library.northwestern.edu&data=02%7C01%7Cpete.wilson%40VANDERBILT.EDU%7Cbda9e435f6244f5ff95608d6ef4e768b%7Cba5a7f39e3be4ab3b45067fa80faecad%7C0%7C0%7C636959517619022819&sdata=lfeUqd%2BQrJR%2Fhfwym04wZNw1LVvTLs4YC4DAvNjZHWg%3D&reserved=0>
847.491.2939