From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Larmore, Dustin <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2019 9:18:03 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Creating authority record for a statue

I am considering creating an authority record for a statue located in South Dakota. I found the RDA-compliant record for the Venus de Milo statue (n  99006708), but rather than just creating a record based on that, I wanted to make sure I’m following the proper rules in RDA (especially Chapter 6?). Does anyone have experience creating authority records of this type? Is there a workflow or cheat sheet for authority records for individual art works?

Thank you.

Dustin Larmore

Interlibrary Loan/Cataloging Librarian

South Dakota Dept. of Education/South Dakota State Library

MacKay Building, 800 Governors Dr.

Pierre, SD 57501-2294

(605) 773-5068

(800) 423-6665, Option 2 (Toll-free; South Dakota only)

OCLC and courier code: SDS

http://library.sd.gov

“Leadership. Innovation. Excellence.”