From: Howard Sanner
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 11:38 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] [AESHC] Cleaning grease pencil off discs

I recently (as in yesterday) acquired some Speak-o-Phone discs. Unlike
others I have, which are recorded on bare aluminum, these have a
lacquer or acetate coating on an aluminum substrate. (I'm not going to
strike a match to find out if it's acetate or lacquer!)

One disc has two bands. The inner one has been drawn through using
grease pencil in a pseudo-sine wave shape like you might use to
scratch out a line of text. I'd like to remove the grease pencil and
try playing this band. The band without grease pencil is Lily Pons on
the Ford Sunday Evening Hour from 1941.

So does anyone know how to remove grease pencil like this without
damaging the disc?

Thanks.

Howard Sanner