I'm looking for some advice/info.  I sometimes transfer reel-to-reel
tapes to CD or digital files for my customers.  Frequently, I receive 3
inch tapes from the 1960s that start at one speed and gradually speed up
or slow down substantially as the tape plays. The speed range is usually
between 1 7/8 and 3 3/4, but never landing on either speed.  I can
correct for this using Adobe Audition's gliding stretch, but it takes
quite a bit of trial and error.  What sort of tape player would I need
to hunt down to play these tapes correctly without having to resort to a
software solution?  My customers never have any idea what brand and
model was used to make the recordings.