Tim & Lou:

Some of the brands that I'm aware of were Sony, JVC & Technics. There
were others, I'm sure, and I don't have model numbers. There were a
number of dual capstan decks (a feature that I consider most important)
that may have incorporated pad lifters. There is no database that I know
of that contains this information. Hi Fi Engine is good about listing
the specs of equipment that it has in its database. Anyone with more
information on this subject should jump in here and perhaps we can get a
database started. What I have noticed is that any of these 20+ year old
machines command prices that are generally too high for me. I have spent
way too much money on decks that wind up dying and the failed part is
now obsolete and not able to be found.

Cheers!

Corey

Corey Bailey Audio Engineering