Karl, you may be the only person disparaging the wealth of popular music represented by the choices so far as “a proliferation of popular music performers, many of whom couldn't even sing on pitch…” That you may not be satisfied with the classical choices is a case to make, but I am confident that future generations will say that on popular music the group did very well indeed -- with caveats. These can be corrected with a larger pool of nominators from the Latin, African-American and other communities whose popular forms so enrich the culture.

Regards,
Gerald

From: O'Dell, Cary
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 10:30 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] NOMINATION FOR THE NATIONAL RECORDING REGISTRY

All the more reason for you to get to nominatin', Karl!  I'm here and ready to hear you out!

Now, I might be a little biased, but the list is already pretty diverse and people like Judy Garland, Johnny Cash, Billie, and Bing, I don't know, they sound pretty good to my ear but, of course, opinions differ.

Looking forward to hearing from you!!!

Cary O’Dell
National Recording Registry
Library of Congress