Check out these free, educational webinars from the U.S. Government Publishing Office (GPO).
· Grow Your Bank Account: Use Government Resources To Plan Your Current And Future Finances, Jane Canfield (Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico), Wednesday, July 24, 2019, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. (EDT), https://www.fdlp.gov/about-the-fdlp/fdlp-events-calendar/event/488-grow-your-bank-account-use-government-resources-to-plan-your-current-and-future-finances
· Providing Access to Digital Documents, Jaime Hays (GPO), Thursday, July 25, 2019, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. (EDT), https://www.fdlp.gov/about-the-fdlp/fdlp-events-calendar/event/484-webinar-providing-access-to-digital-documents
· Stay Mentally Alert: Government Resources for Good Mental Health, Jane Canfield (Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico), Tuesday, July 30, 2019, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. (EDT), https://www.fdlp.gov/about-the-fdlp/fdlp-events-calendar/event/491-stay-mentally-alert-government-resources-for-good-mental-health
· To Encourage Productive and Enjoyable Harmony Between Man and His Environment: Environmental Impact Statements at Northwestern University’s Transportation Library, Rachel Cole (Northwestern University Transportation Library), Thursday, August 15, 2019, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. (EDT), https://www.fdlp.gov/about-the-fdlp/fdlp-events-calendar/event/492-to-encourage-productive-and-enjoyable-harmony-between-man-and-his-environment-environmental-impact-statements-at-northwestern-university-s-transportation-library
· Public Papers of the Presidents, John Hyrum Martinez & Joe Vetter (Office of the Federal Register), Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. (EDT), https://www.fdlp.gov/about-the-fdlp/fdlp-events-calendar/event/494-public-papers-of-the-presidents
· Enjoy That Vacation and Find a New Hobby: Government Resources on Travel, Recreation, and Safe and Interesting Hobbies, Jane Canfield (Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico), Wednesday, August 28, 2019, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. (EDT), https://www.fdlp.gov/about-the-fdlp/fdlp-events-calendar/event/478-enjoy-that-vacation-and-find-a-new-hobby-government-resources-on-travel-recreation-and-safe-and-interesting-hobbies
And just for regional depository library staff, GPO is pleased to present the all new FDLP Regional Coordinator Program: https://www.fdlp.gov/news-and-events/4127-new-fdlp-regional-coordinator-program-registration-open. This unique, all-virtual, two-session program presents an opportunity for FDLP regional coordinators and staff to learn about managing their region as well as their regional depository collection in compliance with the program requirements of the FDLP. Training will be held Tuesday, August 20th, from 2:30 - 4 p.m. (EDT) and Thursday, August 22nd, from 2:30 -4 p.m. (EDT).
Attendees will receive a Certificate of Participation from GPO for each webinar they attend. Closed captioning is available for all webinars. Registrants will be sent access information upon registering.
View the FDLP Academy Training Repository for recorded webinars and webcasts: https://www.fdlp.gov/fdlp-academy/fdlp-academy-training-repository. All are encouraged to share and re-post information about these free training opportunities.
Jaime Hays | Outreach Librarian | Library Services & Content Management | ph 202.512.1952 | mb 202.394.5905
GPO | OFFICIAL | DIGITAL | SECURE 732 North Capitol Street, NW, Washington, DC 20401