Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the Department of the Interior Library on Wednesday, July 10th from 2:00 to 3:00 pm ET for a free training session entitled "JSTOR: Introduction and New Features," part of our series of free training sessions at the DOI Library.

The JSTOR archival collections database features the digitized back issues of scholarly journals across 60 disciplines. JSTOR works with a diverse group of nearly 1,200 publishers from more than 57 countries to preserve and make their content digitally available. Many JSTOR collections are multidisciplinary and comprised of several core subjects, including language and literature, history, economics, and political science. Discipline-specific collections are also available to support focused educational programs, and range from health and science collections to music, Jewish studies, and Iberoamérica. A JSTOR trainer will join us via webinar to take a closer look at the JSTOR collections the Interior Department subscribes to and reveal tips and hints to better search through the database.

All that are interested are invited.  Please note that the DOI Library is located in Room 1151 of the Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building, just off the C Street entrance lobby. The Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building is located at 1849 C Street, NW in Washington, DC.  Space for the program in the Library is limited so please go to the following link to register:

https://docs.google.com/a/nbc.gov/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDVHQUhwT3h4aVJURm14VVV0amR6SlE6MA#gid=0

If the link above does not work at your location, you may also register by using our contact form at https://www.doi.gov/library/interior-library-contact-form.

We do prefer that you attend in person here at the DOI Library if you can.   However, please note that this class is also being offered as a simultaneous online webinar for those that can't attend in person.  When you register, please indicate the name of the program you wish to attend and if you need information about webinar access.

You may contact the Library by phone at (202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at [log in to unmask] for more information about this program or if you have trouble registering using the link above.  For more information about the DOI Library, its resources, and its services, please visit our website at http://www.doi.gov/library.

We hope that you can attend either in person or virtually on July 10th!

George

George Franchois
Director - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of the Secretary - Office of Facilities and Administrative Services (OFAS)
1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Phone: (202) 208-3796