Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the Department of the Interior Library on Wednesday, July 24th from 2:00 to 3:00 pm ET for a free training session entitled "Useful Federal Resources on the Web," part of our series of free training sessions at the DOI Library.

While the Internet can be a great resource for federal documents, it is often difficult to know what trustworthy sites to go in order to find the official materials that you are looking for. Many websites proclaiming themselves to be an authoritative source for federal government information actually have out of date or just factually incorrect information. Finding those that are relevant and reliable can often be a difficult task. Join Interior Library Head of Reference Services Jennifer Klang on this tour of valuable and reliable sources of federal information on the Internet. Websites from the Library of Congress, the Government Publishing Office, the University of Oklahoma, and the U.S. Census Bureau will be among those featured in this course. Designed for both the beginning and advanced searcher, attendees will learn about resources for scientific reports, legislative documents, statistical information, Native American documents, and other useful items.

All that are interested are invited.  Please note that the DOI Library is located in Room 1151 of the Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building, just off the C Street entrance lobby. The Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building is located at 1849 C Street, NW in Washington, DC.  Space for the program in the Library is limited so please go to the following link to register:

https://docs.google.com/a/nbc.gov/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDVHQUhwT3h4aVJURm14VVV0amR6SlE6MA#gid=0

If the link above does not work at your location, you may also register by using our contact form at https://www.doi.gov/library/interior-library-contact-form.

We do prefer that you attend in person here at the DOI Library if you can.   However, please note that this class is also being offered as a simultaneous online webinar for those that can't attend in person.  When you register, please indicate the name of the program you wish to attend and if you need information about webinar access.

You may contact the Library by phone at (202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at [log in to unmask] for more information about this program or if you have trouble registering using the link above.  For more information about the DOI Library, its resources, and its services, please visit our website at http://www.doi.gov/library.

We hope that you can attend either in person or virtually on July 24th!

George

George Franchois
Director - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of the Secretary - Office of Facilities and Administrative Services (OFAS)
1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Phone: (202) 208-3796