Kim I'm glad you asked about how to avoid the barrage of replies.

If you look at the header of any email message coming.over the transom  you
can always find the sender's email. In GMail, you just click a down arrow
to open up the full header.

 I replied to Guy only about this issue by copying his email and then
pasting it in to the address of.my reply and then.deleting the address of
the listserv.  If we could all take that extra 10 seconds our inboxes would
be so much happier!

Have to say that back in the day when NC managed the listserv it defaulted
to replying only to sender and not to the list.  I am.sure this is a simple
setting that could be changed, but meanwhile just taking the step above
will help us all out.

Cheers,

Sharon