From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Benjamin A Abrahamse <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 3, 2019 9:56 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] 100/240 vs 100/700

I cannot answer your main question re: 240 vs 700 x2, but I do wonder why the title access point and its corresponding authority record (no2019072701) lack a $n?

I would have thought, based on the 245 (“De rerum natura libri VI”) it should be either:

100 10 $a Lucretius Carus, Titus, $e author.

240 10 $a De rerum natura. $n Liber 6 $l Latin $s (Deufert)

Or…

700 12 $a Lucretius Carus, Titus. $t De rerum natura. $n Liber 6 $l Latin $s (Deufert)

I see other access points that follow this pattern, e.g.:
no2017012194

Lucretius Carus, Titus. $t De rerum natura. $n Liber 6. $l Latin $s (Godwin)

--Ben Abrahamse, MIT