I’m happy to share this blog post from OCLC that focuses on PCC.  It features quotes from Lori Robare and Xiaoli Li.  When you get to the page for the blog, scroll down, since another blog post has gone up in the interim, so this will be a little lower on the page.  Enjoy!

Cynthia M. Whitacre

Senior Metadata Operations Manager

Metadata Quality, Global Product Management

6565 Kilgour Place, Dublin, Ohio USA 43017

T +1-614-764-6183 · or +1-800-848-5878, ext.6183

OCLC

OCLC.org · Facebook · Twitter · YouTube

From Next, the OCLC blog

OCLC and the PCC: changing standards to support changing times

By Cynthia M. Whitacre, OCLC Senior Technical Operations Manager, Metadata Quality

Over the course of my library career, I’ve seen librarianship and cataloging practices evolve significantly in both small and large ways. When you’re talking about shared cataloging standards, even a tiny change can impact thousands of institutions and millions of records.

That’s one reason why it’s so important to have organizations like the Program for Cooperative Cataloging (PCC). Lori Robare, Monographic Team Leader at University of Oregon and PCC Past Chair, stated, “The PCC has a strong tradition of cooperative work, standards, metadata expertise, and training. This is an exciting time for the PCC as we consider how to build upon those strengths in the transition to a linked data environment.”

Read the post