Rachel B Turner <[log in to unmask]>

7:42 AM (1 minute ago)
to autocat
***Please excuse cross postings***

The Binghamton University Libraries seek an experienced librarian to provide leadership for Cataloging/Metadata Services by providing bibliographic access and control through both metadata and traditional cataloging. The incumbent will handle all of the administrative duties of the unit of 2 faculty and 6 staff members in a union environment.  They will oversee and will be responsible for the local cataloging/metadata standards and practices such as MARC, RDA, LCSH, and LC classification along with schemas for digital collections.  The Head collaborates with others across the Libraries to implement cross-functional initiatives.  This is a tenure track position: librarians at Binghamton University are members of the faculty and are expected to contribute significantly to the profession as well as to perform their specific duties.

Binghamton University is a world-class R1 research institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities, and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.

Binghamton University Libraries is a collaborative environment that offers great opportunities for growth, and we encourage you to consider joining our team! Find out more about being a part of the Binghamton University community at https://www.binghamton.edu/about/at-a-glance.html or view https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxyDEtg93QU

Apply here:

https://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=11336

--
Rachel Berman Turner
Cataloging Librarian | Subject Librarian for Judaic Studies